Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Blessing is My Curse

Everyone knows the person I'm taking about (or should)... the woman... who sits quietly reserved but attentive during a conversation. She listens with compassionate eyes and a warmth in her face while you go on and on. When you need a word, she says it, but mostly... she just listens. She loves. She processes. And when she speaks, they are meaningful and make an impact. She says more in her few words than you did in the whole epilogue. You see her as wise. Her softness is her strength.

"She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ"

I have always wanted to be that person. I'm not. I am blessed with a strong will, a loud voice, but a spirit to learn. Someday I'll figure out how to balance this, and maybe I'll make a difference in someone's life because I could actually figure out how to approach a conversation in a way that was moldable instead of confrontational. In the mean time, I figure a blog is an appropriate way to get my thoughts out without word-vomiting on those I care about that are closest to me- and in doing so, maybe even improve my silence.

2 comments:

  1. While it's not an excuse, I join you in our curse of the tongue... Let's pray for each other :-) Your desire to be godly shows your heart to follow Christ in His wisdom; keep walking with Him, and He will help you. I am in the middle of something right now where I want the answers, but I know the answers will come as I learn through this struggle. It's our daily walk which will make the lifelong difference!
    hugs friend,
    denaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denaye! =) I love your blog and your thoughtful comments. I will definitely pray for you, too =) I'm always searching to know more but in the processes, then to step on toes! =)

    ReplyDelete